Digital Marketing Apprentice
Company: Pernod Ricard UK
Location: Chiswick, London
Digital Marketing Apprentice Programme (Data Scientist)
Are you looking for an apprenticeship programme that provides opportunity, real responsibility and recognition for high achievement?
Do you have the drive, desire and determination to succeed at a high level?
Do you have a genuine interest in digital marketing & data and the ambition to kick start your career in a fast paced and dynamic organisation?
We are part of the Pernod Ricard Group – co-leader of the global wines and spirits industry. We are proud to hold one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide!
Our key brands include Absolut, Havana Club, Malibu, Lamb’s, Kahlúa, Monkey 47, Plymouth Gin, Chivas, Jameson, The Glenlivet, Martell, Perrier-Jouët, G.H. Mumm, Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo, Graffigna and Jacob’s Creek. We are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of these premium spirits, wines and champagnes in the UK.
We’re looking to recruit an apprentice with flair and motivation to join our marketing team, offering you a huge amount of invaluable business experience. You will have the chance to work for a world-class organisation, with world class recognisable brands in a highly exciting and fun industry.
You’ll work collaboratively with your line manager to set objectives at the beginning of the apprenticeship, which focus on business needs as well as your professional and academic development. Your line manager will support you during your apprenticeship and will review your progress and development on a regular basis.
Completion of a successful apprenticeship programme, may lead to a permanent offer – Time to impress!
Digital Marketing Apprenticeship
What can you expect?
Here are just some of the things you can expect to get involved in:
• Work comfortably with integrated data from different sources. We work with a range of different types of data, including unstructured data (e.g. Social conversations, product reviews), behavioural data (e.g. Digital engagements (e.g. Search queries used, URLs visited, apps used…), other digital data (e.g. Search, social and web analytics) as well as transactional/CRM data.
• Handle/process large quantities of digital data (working in database environment) as well as conduct analysis and make recommendations across key projects as you grow in the role.
• Learn and design, implement and optimise analytical algorithms – (prototypes then at scale)
• Assist in delivering PRUK’s data ambition by building in depth consumer profiles combing various data sources.
• Pro-actively suggest ways to improve consumer journeys (media and website) based on rich insight.
• Produce presentations and updates for internal and external stakeholders
• To continuously review the performance of our brand campaigns (display/search/social) metrics and website through the Google 360 suite; report on findings and produce recommendation.
• Maintain a broad and deep understanding of quantitative research techniques (statistical and/or data analysis techniques/ as well algorithmic, predictive, machine learning and artificial intelligence tools), both current and emerging to help determine key business outcomes.
• Effectively manage own workload, whilst keeping relevant team members up to date.
What’s in it for you?
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is keen either to begin a career in digital marketing as a data scientist and take their first steps into a career in the FMCG industry. Marketing is essential for all businesses, whether they provide services to consumers or to other businesses. You'll develop a number of soft skills, including; communication, scheduling, team-working, quality focus, taking the initiative and proactivity. It is also a great chance to experience a career in a fast paced, world leading environment and learn from highly experienced team members.
You will be enrolled on a Data Science Degree Apprenticeship BSc (Hons) at York St John University (London Premises). Data Scientists have an impact at a strategic and operational level by building and maintaining strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, subject matter experts and colleagues at all levels. The duration of the Degree Apprenticeship is 36 months.
What do we require?
• Possess 5 GCSEs grade C or above.
• Achieved an A Level in Maths at grade B or above or equivalent & possess to other A level qualifications/equivalent at Grade C or above
• Strong communication skills written and verbal.
• Be IT literate
• Highly motivated
• Organised with good time management
• Have a good understanding of numbers and analytics.
The apprenticeship programme will begin in June 2020 and will be based in our West London offices in Chiswick. Current salary is £18,000 per annum, with 25 days holiday plus additional benefits.
The question is… Have you got the bottle?
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.