Business Development Manager
JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager
Basic salary £30K – £40K
OTE: £38-£55K (but uncapped)
Our Core Values:
• Being genuinely curious
• Getting it right first time
• Taking charge of the future
• Always challenging the standard
“To change the face of recruitment and training in order to improve businesses and enhance the lives of their workforce”
“To embed best practice recruitment and performance in businesses by providing cutting edge tools, techniques and approaches that will shape the future of the global business landscape”
Are you a motivated sales hunter who enjoys winning the sale through relationship-building and creative solutions?
As a Business Development Manager, you will use your experience and expertise to acquire new clients for Discovery’s recruitment operations. In this role, you will need to operate in a highly strategic and collaborative manner, as you will need to take a truly consultative approach.
At our core, Discovery helps our clients to get better workforces by recruiting the best candidates for an organisation and developing them to be future high performers. We do this by understanding the myriad of people challenges they face and identifying the solution that will work for them in the long-term.
Your role will be focused on gaining new business by fostering and developing relationships with prospects to develop Discovery as a leading integrated talent management organisation. A core part of this will be raising Discovery’s profile and using ‘The Discovery Way’ methodology to help businesses to recruit the right talent to solve their challenges.
YOU WILL THRIVE IN THIS ROLE IF…
• You are a seasoned recruitment sales professional with a hunter mentality.
• You are skilled at generating your own leads through cold calling, research, networking, and driving your territory.
• You are tenacious. You must be willing to find and qualify quality leads then develop them into opportunities and close the sale.
• You enjoy building relationships and creating a bond and rapport with prospects.
• You have killer time management skills. In order to be successful, you must organise and balance your activities appropriately to create results.
• You have a “yes” approach to customer service. Exceptional service delivery is what separates Discovery from other recruiters and training providers.
• You hold yourself to high standards. Our team exhibit the highest level of professional and presentation standards.
• You are flexible, like us. Our successful Business Development Managers know when and where to be to create business opportunities and understand the importance of attending industry events and networking functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
As a Business Development Manager, you'll need to:
• Have a good understanding of the graduate, IP, early career and mid-career recruitment markets
• Generate new business opportunities from self-generated prospecting and from marketing qualified leads assigned to you
• Identify relevant organisations to generate leads, enabling you to cold call the appropriate contacts
• Understand the target markets, including industry, company, project, company contacts and which market strategies can be used to attract new clients
• Meet with prospects face to face or over the phone – including meeting key stakeholders to gain buy-in
• Identify & understand the needs of prospects and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
• Ensure prospects are nurtured to fully understand the benefits of recruiting ‘The Discovery Way’ to gain the best candidates and develop them become their future high performers
• Think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business, and meet operational demands or changes
• Draw up prospect proposals and contracts
• Have a very good understanding of the businesses' products and services, and be able to advise others on their application
• Liaise with other departments such as marketing, finance and operations as appropriate
• Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
• Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world and in your particular field of expertise
• Stay up to date on corporate competitors
You'll need to have:
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a recruitment sales role, successfully finding and developing prospects to buy recruitment services
• The tenacity, drive and motivation to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills that you are able to adapt for a wide range of people, both internally and externally
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• A professional manner and presentable appearance for meeting prospects and stakeholders
• Initiative and good decision-making skills, including the ability to think strategically
• Project management skills, including starting a project from scratch and seeing it through to the end
• Good networking skills
• Excellent organisational skills, with emphasis on priorities and goal setting
• Be curious and inquisitive
• The ability to analyse sales figures and write reports
• Understanding of CRM systems and data maintenance
• Technical skills required to understand and propose products or solutions by focusing on client requirements
• Ability to communicate information, whether technical or non-technical, to staff members and customers in a clear and concise manner
• A full driving licence with no more than 3 penalty points
• Degree educated
• A Levels Grade B and above
• Maths and English GCSE
SALARY AND BENEFITS
What’s on offer:
• A competitive salary plus commission
• Company Car / Car Allowance (after successfully completing the probationary period)
• An engaging work life
• A fun, positive work environment
• Growth opportunities
We practice what we preach and are committed to employee development; we offer support to our staff for a range of additional qualifications. Our culture is highly encouraging and supportive, so there is always support available internally for development & mentoring too.
It’s not all work though; we take time to celebrate our successes with company days out, monthly drinks nights, a quarterly dining club, monthly breakfast meetings, rewards and incentives.
All in all, we are a great company to work with!
We are passionate about our people and will provide you with all of the training and support that you will need to be successful.
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.