Sales & Marketing Director
JOB TITLE: Sales and Marketing Director
COMPANY: Intercity Technology
LOCATION: Birmingham, West Midlands
SALARY: Attractive salary and bonus package
At Intercity Technology we believe in a people first approach to define and launch technology solutions. We have over 30 years’ experience in delivering services that allow you to work together, work securely and work from anywhere on a global basis. With a genuine passion for technology and the great businesses we work with, we offer an impressive portfolio of innovative technologies in cloud, enterprise mobility, collaboration, security and managed services. Intercity is accredited by a number of professional organisations with a suite of accreditations which confirms and evidences our commitment to security, quality, service management and environmental management. For a full list of our accreditations and frameworks please visit intercity.technology/accreditations
As Sales and Marketing Director you will be responsible for defining policy, strategy and programmes to obtain maximum revenue whilst providing inspirational leadership and strategic direction to the business’s overall sales and marketing activities.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Spearheading the sales department’s strategic development initiatives, ensuring that they remain consistent and aligned to the business’s overall strategy with the objective of increasing sales revenue in each of the business’s verticals and services.
• Accountable for the execution and on-going review and analysis of the Sales and Marketing budgets in line with P&L activity – ensuring targets are met and monitored across all business unit areas.
• Leading and managing all activities within the sales and marketing departments, including campaign management, account management, operations, customer support, communications, lead generation and events. Establishing and holding employees to clear standards of performance.
• Successfully adopting a variety of marketing techniques to ensure the organisation’s message is distributed to the targeted audiences in order to generate sales, meet commercial objectives and attract new interest.
• Encouraging creativity and deploying innovation to drive business growth
• Delivering consistent, timely and effective communication to team and maintaining good relations among all employees. Encouraging a culture based on trust and respect
You will ideally have some or all of the following:
• Credibility and proven track record of senior leadership success in a B2B environment with the customer at its heart
• Experience in marketing and running a successful marketing team
• A genuine enthusiasm and passion for technology and communications whilst not essential, would be highly advantageous
• Proven track record of success in people development, man management and motivation
• Demonstrable experience in dealing with senior levels of management
• Experience of building long term successful customer relationships at all levels
• Have strong commercial marketing experience with exposure to product, or proposition teams as well as core marketing.
• Be commercially astute with a good understanding of the P&L and profit drivers
• Possess outstanding sales and negotiation skills
• Be team orientated with excellent interpersonal skills encouraging brainstorming and idea generation within the workplace environment
• Motivational and inspirational!
• Have strong planning and organisational competence – delivering results on time and within budget
• Have effective communication skills both written and verbally
SALARY AND BENEFITS
• Generous salary and bonus structure
• 28 days annual leave…plus an extra day off on your birthday!
• Pension Scheme
• Death in Service Cover
• Numerous and varied colleague incentives and discounts