Production Planning Graduate
JOB TITLE: Production Planning Graduate
COMPANY: Morris Lubricants
SALARY: £23,000- £25,000
With a proud heritage dating back to 1869, we are one of the largest privately-owned British lubricant manufacturers in the world. We have developed a diverse range of world-class lubricants over the last 150 years suitable for the 21st century and gained a global reputation for delivering the highest quality products and services across a range of sectors in over 85 countries worldwide.
Our philosophy is focused on the social and environmental impact of our business’s activities as well as on our economic performance. This triple bottom line approach ultimately means that we not only monitor and measure our overall profits, but we are also mindful of the impact of what we do on our people and the wider environment.
Rotating through the business for the first 6-12 months, you will be exposed to a number of key areas such as customer service, sales, purchasing, production and logistics to give you a greater appreciation of the business to support your role as a Production Planning graduate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analysing stock levels and production capacity.
- Setting production scheduling and meeting production deadlines.
- Understanding why production deadlines are not met and adjusting them accordingly.
- Generating and producing work orders and job cards.
- Liaising with production supervisors, management and the Purchasing Department.
- Creating daily stock reports.
- Devising strategies to improve production efficiency.
- Academically, we are looking for a 2:2 degree (or higher) from any discipline completed within the last 3 years.
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven thinker.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
- Strong time management and planning skills with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Attention to detail with the ability to perform accurate and detailed work.
- Good time and workload management skills.
- Self-motivation – able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable working within deadlines and in a fast-paced environment.
As part of our Graduate Programme we recognise the importance of developing you to make you one of the future leaders of our business. Your development will be through on the job training and undertaking further training where required. In addition, the successful candidate will complete the Graduate Open Programme and complete a Level 3 ILM qualification.
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.