Procurement & Supply Chain Industrial Placement
We are part of the Pernod Ricard Group – co-leader of the global wines and spirits industry. We are proud to hold one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide!
Our key brands include Absolut, Havana Club, Malibu, Lamb’s, Kahlúa, Monkey 47, Plymouth Gin, Chivas, Jameson, The Glenlivet, Martell, Perrier-Jouët, G.H. Mumm, Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo, Graffigna and Jacob’s Creek. We are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of these premium spirits, wines and champagnes in the UK.
We’re looking to recruit a number of undergraduates with the flair and motivation to join our bright futures programme, offering you a huge amount of invaluable business experience in a highly exciting and fun industry. You will have the chance to work for a world-class organisation, with world-class, recognisable brands.
You’ll work collaboratively with your line manager to set objectives at the beginning of the placement, which will focus on business needs as well as your professional development. Your line manager will support you during your placement and will review your progress and development on a regular basis.
A successful placement may lead to a graduate offer – Time to impress!
Procurement & Supply Chain Placement
What’s your role?
Working within the Operations function, you will provide support to the Procurement team, on tenders and category review processes, and the Supply Chain team, working on forecasting, demand planning, and stock replenishment. The Operations team is central to all that we do in Pernod Ricard, working closely with many other teams across the business, and it’s essential we get our prestigious wine and spirits brands to our customers in the most efficient manner possible whilst delivering exceptional customer service.
What can you expect?
Here are just some of the things you can expect to get involved in:
• Supporting with category, supplier, and market analysis to understand the companies spend behaviours and patterns.
• Provide support to the procurement function on tenders and commercial negotiations with suppliers.
• Ongoing supplier relationship management and supplier performance monitoring/reporting against agreed KPIs.
• Supporting to plan and manage the inventory levels of our product range
• Work with customers’ logistics teams to improve stock availability and sales through planning, forecasting, and replenishment.
• Proactively manage forecast changes in conjunction with our commercial team.
• Assisting with general business administration and data management tasks within the team
What’s in it for you?
You’ll gain fantastic exposure to the full supply chain operation within the business, from working with Procurement to ensure we are working with the right suppliers with the right commercial terms in place, through to supporting with the Sales and Operation Planning processes with the Supply Chain team. You’ll be able to build internal stakeholder relationships, gain exposure to commercial negotiations, and develop your analytical skills.
What do we require?
• Be studying/have studied a recognised sandwich undergraduate degree.
• Be studying/have studied a recognised Business, Supply Chain or Logistics degree.
• Be on track to achieve/ have achieved 2:1 or above.
• Have a minimum of 300 UCAS points over three subjects at A Level (or equivalent).
• Have eligibility to unrestrictedly work and live in the UK for the duration of the placement.
• Be available to work for 12 months.
Placements will commence in June 2019 for successful candidates, and will be based in our West London offices in Chiswick. Current salary is £16,000 per annum, with 25 days holiday plus additional benefits.
The question is… Have you got the bottle?
If you think you have what it takes to kick start your bright future with Pernod Ricard UK, please visit http://pernod-ricard-uk.com/undergraduate and submit your CV and contact details.
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.