Personal Assistant/ Commercial Assistant
PERSONAL ASSISTANT/COMMERCIAL ASSISTANT
PACKAGE: TO £30K (dependent on experience)
Recruiting and developing talent for the modern workplace requires a different approach. As businesses evolve to cope with the changing and disruptive economy it has never been more important to ensure they recruit and develop the right people who will drive their businesses forward.
We are Discovery and we are leaders in results-driven recruitment, training, and development: trail-blazing the industry with a fresh approach to building their workforce.
We have grown exponentially from our humble beginnings in graduate recruitment and development to become well recognised for exceptional results, efficiencies and service delivery across apprenticeship, entry level and executive hires; both domestically and internationally. We are particularly strong in the food, manufacturing and engineering sectors.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
Over the last 18 years we have built an enviable reputation as a business clearly defined by the commitment to excellence and the results we deliver. We are values driven business where hard work and integrity is recognised and rewarded. Every single member of the team plays a massively important part in our success.
As with most businesses the entrepreneurial heart of the business starts with the founding members and with this the requirement to bolster the team with ‘like-minded’ achievers. This role is a uniquely hybrid role. It requires a person who is commercially minded, strategic in their approach, forward thinking and highly driven to take on projects that move the company forward. It is a pinnacle role to support the CEO and the exec board and no two days are likely to be the same.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- To provide administrative support to the CEO.
- To competently manage and prioritise the CEO’s time.
- To support the CEO on key projects and take ownership for their delivery.
- To manage the day to day reporting of the key functions of the company providing intelligent analysis to the CEO.
- To support the day to day smooth running of the businesses.
- To provide administrative support across the businesses.
OUR IDEAL PERSON
- Educated to degree level with a minimum of a 2:2.
- Exceptional language and grammar skills enabling competent communication at the highest level.
- Possess strong numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Adopts a continuous improvement & high standards mindset, identifying practical solutions rather than focusing on the problem.
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritise.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, in particular Excel.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to analyse data and make recommendations to the CEO.
- Ability to present with confidence and contribute to discussions with the senior team.
- Ability and confidence to make decisions
- Commercially savvy
- Highly intuitive, possessing deep self-awareness and awareness of others
- Be tactful, trustworthy and discreet
- Positive, optimistic, fun (light hearted) and engaging
- Possess excellent organisational, team working, leadership and communication skills whilst motivating and encouraging other team members.
- Possess and use initiative
- Highly presentable and be confident in front of clients or other contacts of the CEO
- Possess a willingness and ambition for additional training.
- Required great attention to detail and involved a high level of numeracy and accuracy
- Be flexible, adaptable, reliable and wholly committed to doing the best job possible.
- Live in Birmingham or be willing to relocate
- Full UK driving license.
- Experience in a similar P.A. / Commercial Assistant / projects role.
Does that sound like you or the type of challenge you want? We would like to hear from you if you are looking for an exciting opportunity to further develop your career as we may well be the company to be able to support this.
JOIN THE TEAM!
We are committed to employee development, supporting additional qualifications, providing excellent remuneration and benefits package. Our culture is highly encouraging and supportive.
It’s not all work though; we take time to celebrate our successes with company days out, monthly drinks nights, a quarterly dining club, rewards and incentives.
All in all, we are a great company to work with!
We are passionate about our people and will provide you with all of the training and support that you will need to be successful.
You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing us. All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful will be contacted for interviews.