Learning & Development Sector Specialist
Learning & Development Sector Specialist (Fixed Term Contract 2 Years)
Salary: £34k – £38k (dependent on experience)
WHAT'S THE JOB?
Discovery’s programmes are renowned for their innovative approach to sustainable performance improvement and long-term behavioural change. Working across a number of industry sectors we design and deliver programmes across leadership development, management, graduate development and sales transformation.
We design and deliver appropriate training to effectuate the required changes, embedding best practice along the way.
For success in this role we are seeking a commercially minded and well-rounded individual and as a seasoned professional, it is likely you have enjoyed a highly successful career in a client–facing role, working with senior stakeholders in a learning and development capacity.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribution to the design and development of Discovery programmes
- Facilitation of experiential learning interventions, classroom training and coaching
- Proactively source and promote relevant content for each cohort to support module material
- Facilitation of one-to-one support visits for programme delegates and line managers, where appropriate using best practice coaching and mentoring techniques
- Proactive support for programme delegates, e.g. telephone support and regular contact
- Specific support and monitoring relating to coursework, work-based learning activities and apprenticeship programme
- Assessment of work-based learning activities. E.g. apprenticeship, ILM
- Facilitation of line-manager engagement sessions.
- Promote and embed Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding, British Values, Prevent and Health and Safety to all learning sessions
- Work collaboratively towards the achievement of the department’s targets, Discovery’s Strategic Goals and Core Values
If you're an inspirational and engaging faciliatator. We would like to hear from you if you are looking for an exciting opportunity to further develop your career as we are passionate about supporting our employees with their ongoing development.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a commercial, client facing role, working with senior stakeholders
- A Level 5 Management Qualification
- An Assessors Award qualification
- A level 3 teaching qualification or equivalent
- Experience of managing consultative projects with executive stakeholders
- Experience of delivering apprenticeship programs within a Learning and Development field
- Driving licence (with a maximum of 3 penalty points)
- Be available to start in January 2020
- Minimum 2:1 Degree
- Experience of psychometric testing and other behavioural profiling tools
- Experience of delivering training programs
- Experience of delivering coaching at an executive level
JOIN THE TEAM!
We are committed to employee development, supporting additional qualifications, providing excellent remuneration and benefits package. Our culture is highly encouraging and supportive.
It’s not all work though; we take time to celebrate our successes with company days out, monthly drinks nights, a quarterly dining club, rewards and incentives.
All in all, we are a great company to work with!
We are passionate about our people and will provide you with all of the training and support that you will need to be successful.
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.