Learning & Development Consultant
Learning & Development Consultant (Full – time)
Location: Birmingham City Centre
Package: £35K – £45K (dependent on experience)
WHO ARE WE?
We’re leaders in results-driven recruitment, training, and development: trail-blazing the industry with a fresh approach to building their workforce. We don’t believe that recruitment, training or development should be looked at in isolation. We take a diagnostic approach to the individual organisation so that we can identify the root cause of problem and are able to solve even the most stubborn of recruitment or performance challenges, once and for all; reducing the total cost of ownership along the way. You might call this good business practice and commercial sense – we agree, and it's what we call 'The Discovery Way'.
Our performance solutions are designed to help businesses empower their people and make the most of their workforce. Combining a results-driven process with a partnership approach, we get to the root cause of any issues and build truly impactful solutions
What's the job?
Discovery’s programmes are well renowned for their innovative approach to sustainable performance improvement and long term behavioural change. Working across a number of industry sectors we design and deliver programmes across leadership development, management, graduate development and sales transformation.
We have pioneered a diagnostic approach, underpinned by cutting edge theory and the latest thinking in neuroscience, which is enabling companies to truly understand the stretch and potential of their workforces. On the back of this we design and deliver appropriate training to effectuate the required changes, embedding best practice along the way.
For success in this role we are seeking a commercially minded and well-rounded individual and as a seasoned professional, it is likely you have enjoyed a highly successful career in a client – facing role, working with senior stakeholders in a learning and development capacity.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
• Be the lead consultant on all allocated projects (e.g. ‘Talent Labs’) and be responsible for their successful delivery.
• Work with the Project Coordinator to effectively plan the project from start to finish, with a chief focus on accurate capacity and resource planning.
• Through training and use of previous knowledge and expertise, be able to manage stakeholder conversations in order to facilitate strategic ‘people’ discussions (e.g. benchmark creation).
• To effectively design, facilitate and produce delegate and stakeholder engagement with a project / programme (e.g. the ‘Talent Lab’ engagement sessions).
• To effectively design, facilitate and deliver L&D interventions (e.g. Assessment / Development Centres; Dynamic Feedback Sessions) required for that programme.
• Using the diagnostic output, being able to accurately interpret the findings in order to provide sound advice and consultative feedback.
• Be able to present credible, impactful solutions and recommendations.
• Be able to successfully manage client relationships.
• Be a proactive member of the Discovery team – attend and contribute to weekly meetings.
• Deliver weekly and monthly progress reporting, in the required formats.
• Record all project information and client contact, within the CRM system and/ or other systems, as directed.
• One-to-one coaching of programme delegates, where appropriate.
• Client site introductory visit with delegates, line managers and stakeholders (as agreed. E.g. OPEN Programme).
• Conduct support calls with delegate, line manager and stakeholder as agreed.
• Conduct support visits with delegate, line manager and stakeholder as agreed.
• Proactive support for programme delegates.
• Be a strong role model for future OD Consultants
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to build rapport and strong relationships
• Good influencer
• Agile thinker and problem solver
• Good presentation skills
• Strong commercial mindset
• Self-discipline and personal leadership
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a commercial, client facing role, working with senior stakeholders
• Experience of managing consultative projects with executive stakeholders
• Experience of delivering significant change programs within a Learning and Development field
• Driving licence (with a maximum of 3 penalty points)
• Occupational Psychology background
• Psychology degree
• Minimum 2:1 Degree
• Experience of psychometric testing and other behavioural profiling tools
• Experience of delivering training programs
• Experience of delivering coaching at an executive level
Join the team!
We are committed to employee development, supporting additional qualifications, providing excellent remuneration and benefits package. Our culture is highly encouraging and supportive.
We are passionate about our people and will provide you with all of the training and support that you will need to be successful. All in all, we are a great company to work with!
You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing us. All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.