Learning & Development Apprentice
Company: Pernod Ricard UK
Location: Chiswick, London
Learning & Development Apprenticeship Programme
Are you looking for an apprenticeship programme that provides opportunity, real responsibility and recognition for high achievement?
Do you have the drive, desire and determination to succeed at a high level?
Do you have a genuine interest in Human Resources and the ambition to kick start your career in a fast paced and dynamic organisation?
We are part of the Pernod Ricard Group – co-leader of the global wines and spirits industry. We are proud to hold one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide!
Our key brands include Absolut, Havana Club, Malibu, Lamb’s, Kahlúa, Monkey 47, Plymouth Gin, Chivas, Jameson, The Glenlivet, Martell, Perrier-Jouët, G.H. Mumm, Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo, Graffigna and Jacob’s Creek. We are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of these premium spirits, wines and champagnes in the UK.
We’re looking to recruit an apprentice with flair and motivation to join our HR team, offering you a huge amount of invaluable business experience. You will have the chance to work for a world-class organisation, with world class recognisable brands in a highly exciting and fun industry.
You’ll work collaboratively with your line manager to set objectives at the beginning of the apprenticeship, which focus on business needs as well as your professional development. Your line manager will support you during your apprenticeship and will review your progress and development on a regular basis.
Completion of a successful apprenticeship programme, may lead to a permanent offer – Time to impress!
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Human Resources function works in partnership with key stakeholders in each function to deliver comprehensive, efficient and professional HR services across all business areas for Pernod Ricard UK including the management of employee relations, recruitment, learning and development, compensation and benefits and organisational effectiveness. The HR team contributes to the business agenda and supports achievement of corporate objectives through the design and execution of best business practice in all areas of employment while complying with relevant employment legislation.
Key Purpose – To provide an efficient and professional support service to the Learning and Development (L&D) manager and wider business, and to facilitate delivery of L&D resources across all business functions within both Pernod Ricard UK and The Gin Hub.
The L&D Apprentice will possess both excellent organisational and communication skills, have a proactive, creative, flexible and professional approach and contribute by working effectively within a team. Combined with these skills they will have genuine interest in professional learning and a career managing an L&D function.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
Organisation of Training Events, including:
• Liaison between Learning & Development Manager and external providers and partners to schedule training sessions
• Following the end to end process from delegate invites and confirmations, communicating joining instructions and tracking completion of pre-work where required, collating feedback and testimonials, and implementing follow up activity to embed the workshop learning.
• Managing the logistics of all training sessions: Room bookings and set up, and ordering catering.
• Supporting the trainers with production of training materials, including eLearning materials
• Liaising with Wines and Spirits Education Trust for candidate registrations and ordering materials, acting as Exams Officer and ensuring examination procedure compliance for Bar School and Wine School, and sending out results and certificates to individual participants.
• Organising Company Induction Days for all new employees.
• New employee processes and induction, including:
– L&D Inductions for all new employees ensuring they are able to access L&D resources from the beginning of their employment,
– Ensuring that all new starters are invited to all required events.
• Inputting new employee data into all HR systems and supporting the wider HR Team in the efficient onboarding of all new starters.
• Reporting including:
– Monthly report to HR Director on L&D KPI’s
– Tracking training activity and recording key MI ensuring that audit trail and training history complete and up to date, to include cancellation and evaluation data.
• Processing invoices and tracking and monitoring training spend, ensuring alignment to budget.
• Capturing and analysing key data to demonstrate ROI (return on investment) of training initiatives.
• Manage all L&D administration processes including:
– Administering and updating the DNA Learning Lab (Learning Management System) including employee updates and revisions to materials and training events
– Documentation and maintenance of L&D processes and procedures.
– Maintenance / review / refresh of L & D data storage areas and systems
• Challenge administrative processes as appropriate in order to implement more effective ways of working
What’s in it for you?
Throughout the apprenticeship you will complete a CIPD Level 5 Intermediate Qualification in L&D. This will be provided by Watson Martin and the apprenticeship will run for 24 months.
The L&D Consultant/Business Partner Level 5 Apprenticeship programme provides a blend of learning encompassing a combination of workshops and online meetings, with supporting resources including webinars, email, telephone and 24/7 access to our own Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). The VLE includes engaging online videos, text documents, visuals and learning activities which are tracked and monitored. Checklists and practice quizzes will allow you to organise, rehearse, integrate, retrieve, and retain what you have learned.
All apprentices who complete the Level 5 programme can gain a CIPD Intermediate Certificate or Diploma in Learning and Development along with Associate Membership of the CIPD.
• Possess 5 GCSEs grade C or above and A-levels or equivalent
• Strong communication skills written and verbal.
• Be IT literate
• Highly motivated
• Organised with good time management
The apprenticeship programme will begin in June 2020 and will be based in our West London offices in Chiswick. Current salary is £18,000 per annum, with 25 days holiday plus additional benefits.
The question is… Have you got the bottle?
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.