Company: Avara Foods
Location: Brackley, Hereford & Telford
ENGINEERING GRADUATE SCHEME
Our Locations: Brackley (Northamptonshire), Hereford (Herefordshire), Telford (Shropshire)
What You Bring
- Do you have an ambitious nature that strives towards becoming a Chartered Engineer?
- Personal integrity to pursue a career for life in an industry that will continue to grow?
- Willing to be inclusive and embracing of a diverse forward-thinking business?
- Feel you have the excellence to drive innovation through dedication and hard work?
- Looking for a company you want to work with and for?
- We are looking for a 2:2 degree (or higher) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or derivatives of these.
As a Graduate Engineer, you will initially work at one of our main sites (Brackley, Hereford or Telford) where you will receive your training and development through a comprehensive mentoring programme.
This training and development will comprise of both general graduate development as well as specific technical training to support your role. Typically, after 12/18 months, you will move to one of our other sites to complete your broad induction into FMCG engineering.
Your initial role will be either as a Principal Engineer or Project Engineer; this will rotate during your Engineering Graduate Scheme. During your Engineering Graduate Scheme, you will have engineering responsibility of an area within the operational environment where you will be the Asset Manager, monitoring downtime, organising Planned Maintenance, gathering data to analyse trends, conducting RCAs and FMEAs which will drive continuous improvement and reliability initiatives.
You will manage projects utilising proven, innovative or emerging technology solutions to solve operational problems and have an impact on operational performance within a FMCG environment. You will be trained in managing projects ‘the Avara Way’.
You will be mentored in identifying needs, planning solutions, sourcing funding/resources, tendering and delivering as well as developing the training and technical documentation. You will also have opportunities to mentor engineers, apprentices and STEM students.
We have a proven mentoring scheme to support your journey towards professional registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng); the company (subject to requirements) will pay your professional fees. You will also be supported with any required Level 7 (Masters level) qualifications needed for CEng status.
We are one of the UK’s biggest food businesses with over 6000 individuals working as a team, putting pride and passion into everything we do: from the farm to the customer’s door. It’s not what we do, but how we do it.
Formed in 2018, Avara Foods is a joint venture between Cargill Meats Europe and Faccenda Foods creating the 3rd biggest poultry supplier in the UK, backed with a strong reputation for integrity, high standards and building long-term partnerships with customers, growers and suppliers.
What’s In It For You
A real job from day one that will give you the chance to have an influential impact through innovation and enthusiasm.
The understanding that we see you as an important and valued member of our team and that we will strive to support you to be the best version of yourself within our business.
Our company’s path is an ambitious one and it is this path that will provide you with the opportunity to work with some of the industry’s most talented, experienced and knowledgeable people side by side on fantastic forward-thinking projects.
In addition will also offer the people who join us a very attractive package of;
- £26,000 – £28,000 starting salary (dependent on experience)
- 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (raising to 25 days over duration of employment)
- Relocation, the business will support successful candidates when moving to a new area
- Pension Scheme
- Career progression
- Lifestyle benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme, discounted shopping vouchers and subsidised gym membership