JOB TITLE: Graduate Planner
COMPANY: Avara Foods
Where: Hereford (Herefordshire)
What You Bring
- Do you have an ambitious nature that strives towards chartership?
- Personal integrity to pursue a career for life in an industry that will continue to grow?
- Willing to be inclusive and embracing of a diverse forward-thinking business?
- Feel you have the excellence to drive innovation through dedication and hard work?
- Looking for a company you want to work with and for?
- We are looking for CCC (or higher) at A-level and a 2:2 degree (or higher)
The primary objective in Production is to maintain an effective and efficient process in order to provide quality, fresh and convenient products for a timely dispatch to our customers. You will achieve this by working closely with the Production Manager to keep track of production information and rework plans where necessary.
On a typical day, you’ll be involved in:
- Updating forecasts and plans, and communicating them articulately
- Managing the change in production based on breakdowns or delayed deliveries
- Developing and implementing new plans
We are in the privileged position of having control over our whole supply chain from our local British farms, through advanced manufacturing plants, to the final product on the shelf. This ensures that customers receive a safe and secure product, delivered via an excellent service from a transparent and integrated supply chain. You’ll play an important part in this process by working on varied projects focusing on the production processes, quality control and health and safety.
Over three years you’ll spend time working on several different assignments with your first post being in the production department. After the first 12 months in the planning role, you’ll work closely with the business to determine your next placement within the graduate scheme. This placement will typically be in another area of the business and will be based on a number of factors such as:
- Preferences and interests
- Skills and strengths
- Career direction
- Availability within the business
We are one of the UK’s biggest food businesses with over 6000 individuals across 9 manufacturing sites throughout the UK, working as a team, putting pride and passion into everything we do: from the farm to the customer’s door. It’s not what we do, but how we do it.
Formed in 2018, Avara Foods is a joint venture between Cargill Meats Europe and Faccenda Foods creating the 3rd biggest poultry supplier in the UK, backed with a strong reputation for integrity, high standards and building long-term partnerships with customers, growers and suppliers.
What’s In It For You
- A real job from day one, in which you will be an important and valued member of the team, with genuine responsibility and accountability from the outset.
- Working at Avara opens up a world of opportunity and from the moment you join, you’ll be working on forward thinking projects with the industry’s most talented, experienced and knowledgeable people.
- Your first day is only the start of your career with us. We want to give you the opportunity to grow and develop through our commitment to accredited development, qualifications, and career progression, to help shape a career you’ll love.
In addition, we will also offer the people who join us a very attractive package of;
- £26,000 – £28,000 starting salary (dependent on experience)
- 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (raising to 25 days over duration of employment)
- Relocation, the business will support successful candidates when moving to a new area
- Pension Scheme
- Career progression
- Private healthcare
You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing us. All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.