JOB TITLE: Graduate Engineer
COMPANY: Avara Foods
SALARY: £26,000 – £28,000
Where: Brackley (Northamptonshire), Hereford (Herefordshire), Telford (Shropshire)
What You Bring
- Do you have an ambitious nature that strives towards chartership?
- Personal integrity to pursue a career for life in an industry that will continue to grow?
- Willing to be inclusive and embracing of a diverse forward-thinking business?
- Feel you have the excellence to drive innovation through dedication and hard work?
- Looking for a company you want to work with and for?
- We are looking for CCC (or higher) at A-level and a 2:2 degree (or higher) from a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering background, with evidence of achievement
As a Graduate Engineer, you will initially work at one of our main sites (Brackley OR Hereford) where you will receive your training and development through a comprehensive mentoring programme.
This training and development will comprise of both general graduate development as well as specific technical training to support your role. Typically, after 18/24 months, you will move to one of our other sites to complete your broad induction into FMCG engineering.
Your initial role will be as a Principal Engineer, where you’ll have responsibility of an area within the operational environment. Within this, you will be Asset Manager; monitoring downtime, organising planned maintenance, gathering data to analyse trends, and conducting RCAs and FMEAs which will drive continuous improvement and reliability initiatives.
You will manage projects utilising proven, innovative or emerging technology solutions to solve operational problems, having an impact on operational performance within a FMCG environment.
You will be mentored in identifying needs, planning solutions, sourcing funding/resources, tendering and delivering, as well as developing the training and technical documentation. You will also have opportunities to mentor other engineers, apprentices and STEM students.
We have a proven mentoring scheme to support your journey towards professional registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng); the company (subject to requirements) will pay your professional fees. You will also be supported with any required Level 7 (Masters level) qualifications needed for CEng status.
We are one of the UK’s biggest food businesses with over 6000 individuals across 9 manufacturing sites throughout the UK, working as a team, putting pride and passion into everything we do: from the farm to the customer’s door. It’s not what we do, but how we do it.
Formed in 2018, Avara Foods is a joint venture between Cargill Meats Europe and Faccenda Foods creating the 3rd biggest poultry supplier in the UK, backed with a strong reputation for integrity, high standards and building long-term partnerships with customers, growers and suppliers.
What’s In It For You
- A real job from day one, in which you will be an important and valued member of the team, with genuine responsibility and accountability from the outset.
- Working at Avara opens up a world of opportunity and from the moment you join, you’ll be working on forward thinking projects with the industry’s most talented, experienced and knowledgeable people.
- Your first day is only the start of your career with us. We want to give you the opportunity to grow and develop through our commitment to accredited development, qualifications, and career progression, to help shape a career you’ll love.
In addition, we will also offer the people who join us a very attractive package of;
- £26,000 – £28,000 starting salary (dependent on experience)
- 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (raising to 25 days over duration of employment)
- Relocation, the business will support successful candidates when moving to a new area
- Pension Scheme
- Career progression
- Private healthcare
You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing us. All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.