Graduate Account Development Executive
JOB TITLE: Graduate Account Development Executive
COMPANY: Pernod Ricard
LOCATION: Cardiff & Swansea
Are you a tastemaker? A mixer and shaker? Then please, pull up a chair.
We have some great opportunities with real responsibilities and rewards. All you need is the drive, convivial nature and determination to succeed in the Drinks Industry.
If you want to start your career in a fast paced, vibrant scene, you’ve come to the right place.
Pernod Ricard UK is part of Pernod Ricard, number two in wines and spirits with sales of €9,010m in 2016/2017. Created in 1975 by the merger of Ricard and Pernod, the Group has undergone sustained development, based on both organic growth and acquisitions: Seagram (2001), Allied Domecq (2005) and Vin&Sprit (2008).
Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide. Pernod Ricard UK has identified the following key priority brands in the UK market: Absolut, Jameson, Chivas, The Glenlivet, Plymouth Gin, Monkey 47, Malibu, Perrier-Jouët, Kahlúa, Beefeater, Campo Viejo, Brancott Estate, Olmeca, Havana Club, Martell, Jacob’s Creek, Lamb’s, Ballantine’s, G.H. Mumm, Graffigna and Wyborowa. Pernod Ricard UK is a member of The Portman Group promoting responsible drinking.
At Pernod Ricard UK we believe that the conversation with the customer is the key to success. With new and significant investment in our field team, our business philosophy inherited from our founder Paul Ricard of “Make a new friend everyday”, truly comes to life.
Through our extensive integrated field sales capability encompassing coverage in the Multiple Grocery, Convenience Retail and On Trade Sectors we aim to optimise our presence and visibility to achieve excellence in the execution of our branded activations.
Read on for the exciting opportunities we have available in our Field Sales Function, for great minds and good times
As an Account Development Executive, you’d need to take initiative, dictating your own day around various customer activations and business opportunities. Your job would be to consistently maximise returns for our customers. That means you’d need a genuine interest in their business, a knack for communication and the ability to deliver intelligent solutions and practical help along the way.
The UK Off Trade is a highly competitive and concentrated market with large scale customers and competitors providing a fast paced and dynamic trading environment. It forms our largest business channel, in terms of contributive margin within PRUK.
The Off Trade comprises major customer groups across the areas of Supermarkets, Convenience stores, Cash & Carry and Delivered Wholesalers.
Pernod Ricard UK is a key partner across the market, with strong distribution of our premium portfolio. As we move into the next phase of business growth, our challenge is to premiumise the Wines & Spirits categories with our customers, to accelerate mutual growth for both parties.
The role will cover the following territory postcodes: CF Cardiff, SA Swansea, GL Gloucester/Cheltenham, NP Newport
What you’d do:
- Develop and maintain professional customer relationships in your territory
- Achieve coverage of designated stores in line with journey plan and coverage target, maximising retailer contact
- Deliver maximum compliance with promotional agreements to maximise return on investment and overcome obstacles to success
- Maximise availability of Pernod Ricard brands through merchandising and management of stock and ensure availability of our products to target customers
- Maximise opportunities for display agreements in stores, to deliver maximum brand visibility and optimise brand marketing activity
- Present promotional details and obtain transfer orders within designated specialist and convenience retailers as required
- Educate retail staff on Pernod Ricard brands and activity
- Support, agree, set up and carry out consumer events in store
- Monitor and feedback competitor activity
- Complete and submit all administration accurately and punctually
- Agree local promotional support for stores within territory budget (merchandise/product)
- Amend/adjust journey plan to meet needs of business priorities
Who you’d work with:
- You’d meet with store level customers within scheduled calls to discuss current and forthcoming promotional activity and agree display and stock commitment
- You’d work with your Regional Business Manager at least monthly to review territory performance
- You’d attend team meetings at least monthly to review performance, collect information on activity and participate in training
- You’d monitor, provide feedback and contribute to the development of Customer Marketing initiatives within channel through FSM and directly to the team as necessary
- You’d monitor and feed back to Off Trade National Accounts on store level activity and issues through the Regional Business Manager or directly as necessary
- Graduate calibre
- Work experience or placement during higher education in commercial environment or customer facing role
- Highly convivial with well-developed interpersonal and influencing skills
- Computer and systems literate
- Advanced Microsoft Office capabilities
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.