E-Business Industrial Placement
We are part of the Pernod Ricard Group – co-leader of the global wines and spirits industry. We are proud to hold one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide!
Our key brands include Absolut, Havana Club, Malibu, Lamb’s, Kahlúa, Monkey 47, Plymouth Gin, Chivas, Jameson, The Glenlivet, Martell, Perrier-Jouët, G.H. Mumm, Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo, Graffigna and Jacob’s Creek. We are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of these premium spirits, wines and champagnes in the UK.
We’re looking to recruit a number of undergraduates with flair and motivation to join our bright futures programme, offering you a huge amount of invaluable business experience. You will have the chance to work for a world-class organisation, with world class recognisable brands in a highly exciting and fun industry.
You’ll work collaboratively with your line manager to set objectives at the beginning of the placement, which focus on business needs as well as your professional development. Your line manager will support you during your placement and will review your progress and development on a regular basis.
A successful placement may lead to a graduate offer – Time to impress!
What’s your role?
• Day-to-day support for all aspects of driving Grocer.coms and Amazon & Ocado businesses from commercial to content and insight
• Manage Amazon’s CRM platform, Vendor Central – log & respond to case logs to enable smooth business processes for New Product Development, cost changes, items descriptions and image uploads
• Run reports and move data from retailers data platforms to our internal measuring system
• Successfully roll out & evaluate sampling and review campaigns for both Amazon & Ocado
• Source data from various customer platforms to support ‘test and learn’ hypotheses
• Build small scale case studies on the impact of portfolio, media and promotion, and share with them with the team to provide continual evaluation and understanding for marginal gains on subsequent campaigns
• Daily monitoring of our key customers eCommerce sites – track our own and competitor’s activations and catalogue in an orderly manner
• Develop a system for tracking media campaigns that allows budget holders to quickly have sight of spends and sales
• Use Amazon’s Media and Search platforms to manage the day-to-day running of our brands activity on Amazon
• Curate & broadcast a monthly eBusiness team update capturing market activations and commentary
• Customers: to implement agreed marketing activity
• Brand teams: to contribute towards brand development and translate brand plans into channel activity
• Sales/Commercial teams: to communicate and reinforce brand plans, negotiate activity and gather customer intelligence
• Finance team: for budgets and spend reviews
• Key agencies: to effectively manage projects
• Category Management team: to review product data and buyer trends
What can you expect?
You will assist the e-Business team in driving PRUK’s 2X (double?) market growth ambition with key ecommerce customers through the 3 key pillars of the eBusiness strategy: best in class content, actionable data/insights and measurable, 12-month activation plans for key customers.
You will work as part of a growing eBusiness team, and report in to the Pure Play Customer Account Manager. Day-to-day, you will support the team across all aspects of driving profitable growth through Amazon & Ocado online – from sales to content and insights.
Alongside the day-to-day support functions for the eBusiness team, you should also be proactive and willing to take ownership of projects beyond the basics. Our culture is entrepreneurial and we are proud to have some of the most loved spirits brands in the world, so we are looking for an individual who is equally enthusiastic about how PRUK can accelerate its performance in the ecommerce channel.
Finally, by being part of the fast-moving eCommerce team you will gain valuable insight into various commercial, marketing and finance aspects of the business. The eBusiness team’s objectives are to recruit, trade up and drive our portfolio of brands to eCommerce shoppers. Your role is essential to ensuring that all ongoing projects are delivered on time and meet KPIs.
What’s in it for you?
We will provide you with a rewarding experience, a chance to learn new skills, and an opportunity to make a real difference every day. You’ll also get the chance to attend some of our fantastic corporate events to fully immerse yourself in our desirable brands. In return we’re looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, ambitious individual with great interpersonal skills.
What do we require?
You will have recently graduated with a 2:1 or above in a Business, Economics, I.T or a numerate-related degree. You will have a strong academic track record and have a minimum of 300 UCAS points at A Level (or equivalent).
We look for candidates who:
• Have an interest in business and ecommerce
• Have excellent communication skills
• Are energised and ambitious
• Have an entrepreneurial mind-set
• Will have strong numerical skills and demonstrable analytical thinking
• Have a high learning agility
• Are proactive and have the ability to work as part of a team
• Have a high attention to detail
Placements will commence in July 2019 for successful candidates, and will be based in our West London offices in Chiswick. Current salary is £16,000 per annum, with 25 days holiday plus additional benefits.
The question is… Have you got the bottle?
If you think you have what it takes to kick start your bright future with Pernod Ricard UK, please visit http://pernod-ricard-uk.com/undergraduate and submit your CV and contact details.
For further Details about Pernod Ricard, please visit http://pernod-ricard-uk.com/ and http://pernod-ricard.com/
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.