Credit Control Apprentice
Credit Control Apprenticeship Programme
Are you looking for an apprenticeship programme that provides opportunity, real responsibility and recognition for high achievement?
Do you have the drive, desire and determination to succeed at a high level?
Do you have a genuine interest in credit control and the ambition to kick start your career in a fast paced and dynamic organisation?
We are part of the Pernod Ricard Group – co-leader of the global wines and spirits industry. We are proud to hold one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide!
Our key brands include Absolut, Havana Club, Malibu, Lamb’s, Kahlúa, Monkey 47, Plymouth Gin, Chivas, Jameson, The Glenlivet, Martell, Perrier-Jouët, G.H. Mumm, Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo, Graffigna and Jacob’s Creek. We are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of these premium spirits, wines and champagnes in the UK.
We’re looking to recruit an apprentice with flair and motivation to join our finance team, offering you a huge amount of invaluable business experience. You will have the chance to work for a world-class organisation, with world class recognisable brands in a highly exciting and fun industry.
You’ll work collaboratively with your line manager to set objectives at the beginning of the apprenticeship, which focus on business needs as well as your professional development. Your line manager will support you during your apprenticeship and will review your progress and development on a regular basis.
Completion of a successful apprenticeship programme, may lead to a permanent offer – Time to impress!
Credit Control Apprenticeship
What can you expect?
Here are just some of the things you can expect to get involved in:
- Allocate cash receipts daily to the AR ledger
- Follow up with customers whose orders are held due to credit limit issues
- Manage debt collection of non-grocery accounts by follow up with customers by reminder letters and phone calls
- Update cash forecasts and other key cash tracking & reporting spreadsheets, and log pricing queries
- Reconcile remittances to ledger account balances and match amounts deducted (debit notes) to purchase ledger accounts or credit notes/invoices of Customer Services
- Produce monthly customer account statement run
- Re-print invoices and statements to send to customers (when requested)
- Management of employee staff accounts allowances – Management of cloaked sales invoices
- Ensure process documentation in place for all processes
- Ad hoc support and cover to Credit Control Manager and Pricing and Credit Control Analyst
What’s in it for you?
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is keen either to begin a career in Credit Control, Debt Collection or to take their first step into a Finance role within an FMCG organisation. Cash-flow is essential for all businesses, whether they provide services to consumers or to other businesses. Credit controllers operating at the best level possible gives businesses the cash they need to grow. The Level 3 Apprenticeship in Advanced Credit Control/Specialist Collections is ideal for anyone working in credit control, with or without previous experience.
You will provide administration support to the Credit Control team while completing an Advanced (Level 3) Apprenticeship Advanced credit controller / debt collection specialist and will study for the London Institute of Banking and Finance (LIBF) Level 3 Certificate in Consumer Debt Collection via a blended learning approach of workshops in Central London, online learning and work – based assignments.
What do we require?
- Possess 5 GCSEs grade C or above and A-levels or equivalent
- Strong communication skills written and verbal.
- Be IT literate
- Highly motivated
- Organised with good time management
- Have a good understanding of numbers
The apprenticeship programme will begin in October 2019 and will be based in our West London offices in Chiswick. Current salary is £16,000 per annum, with 25 days holiday plus additional benefits.
The question is… Have you got the bottle?
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.