Consumer Brands Business Leader UK/Ireland
JOB TITLE: Consumer Brands Business Leader – UK & Ireland
SALARY: Attractive salary and bonus package
LOCATION: Northampton or Welham Green with flexibility to work from home on occasion.
Would you like the opportunity of sharing in the successes and being instrumental in the future growth and development of a UK market leader and global organisation?
Diversey is a leading global provider of commercial cleaning, sanitation and hygiene solutions.
As one of Diversey’s commercial and marketing leaders you would be responsible for the Consumer Brands business unit which includes the Unilever branded professional range.
Why join the Diversey team?
Diversey is UK and Ireland’s largest manufacturer and supplier of cleaning and hygiene products as well as being a key global player. We are passionate about what we do: our products, systems and expertise make food, drink, and facilities safer for our customers.
We’re also curious and always striving to improve what we do: Diversey is poised to transform itself and the cleaning industry by creating value through digital solutions. We are seizing exciting opportunities to become a knowledge-based company selling more predictive solutions based on our Internet of Clean™ platform, robotics, and sustainability innovations.
We know that our employees are integral to our success, which is why we’re searching for the right person to join us.
As the Consumer Brands Business Leader you will have commercial and marketing responsibility for the consumer brand products including specifically the Unilever branded professional range (household care, fabric wash and personal care) within the Diversey operation and responsible for all its category, digital and trade marketing in the UK and Ireland. You will be responsible and accountable for driving profitable sales growth within the country organization, leveraging renowned local Unilever brands into the professional market and creating value for our customers through solutions that best fit our specific (end) customer needs.
If this sounds like an environment you will thrive in, you will be able to create your own success and be rewarded through our generous bonus package. UK wide travel will be required as part of the role.
Using the experience and knowledge gained from previous roles, your main responsibilities will include:
• Implementing the central strategy and driving and developing the business to increase Unilever professional market penetration in B2B market.
• Understanding local and regional market conditions including competitors, pricing and promotions and seeking opportunities to drive sales
• Developing strong customer (end user and channel) category insights to identify sales and marketing leads to develop new/emerging business or white space and growth opportunities
• Setting and implementing pricing and promotional strategy for Unilever branded product portfolio
• Leading the digital activation strategy – reviewing, monitoring and enhancing existing platforms and websites in order to develop the brand’s offer and digital sales influence both centrally and locally.
• Coordinating supply chain and demand planning within Diversey
• Being a champion for the Unilever professional range by training and coaching sales teams and trade partners, and getting regular feedback on changing needs of customers
You will have some or all of the following:
• Credibility and record of success in B2B arena, ideally from working with distributors and wholesalers
• Category management skills with a thorough understanding of (trade) marketing actions/techniques.
• Solid marketing experience, ideally gained from consumer marketing or FMCG background
• Proven digital competence with a strong understanding of social media and e-techniques preferably acquired from an e-commerce background
• A passion and energy for business development in existing & new target markets
• Be a strategic thinker with hands-on commercial and entrepreneurial mentality
• Effective at critical thinking and problem solving
• Be team orientated with good interpersonal skills and possess the ability to work and collaborate cross-functionally
• Have strong planning and organisational competence
• Have sound communication skills both written and verbally
• Have resilience
Salary and Benefits:
• Generous salary and bonus structure
• Company car
• Private healthcare
• Life Insurance and Critical Illness Cover
• 25 days annual leave
If your application is successful, you will be contacted to conduct a telephone interview.
We will be legally obliged to check your eligibility to work in the UK. Please check your eligibility before applying and ensure that you can provide the appropriate original documents.
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.