Business Development Manager
JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager
SALARY: £45,000 (+15% bonus)
LOCATION: South Central
Vetoquinol, an independent, family-owned business, is one of the top 10 largest veterinary pharmaceutical companies in the world, with their values, ‘Trust, Dare and Collaborate’, deeply embedded throughout the organisation.
We have three exciting, full time opportunities for a permanent Business Development Manager role, based in the North East, Midlands or London & Home Counties.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
• Drive growth by devising, developing and implementing profitable commercial plans, which will be adapted to the customer’s needs.
• Develop the business opportunities in the territory to deliver increased market share for Vetoquinol through increased market penetration and usage of Vetoquinol’s products.
• Achieve the turnover targets and profit margins set for the Companion Animal business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Management of Independent Customers, Key Accounts, Major Accounts and Online Retailers located within the territory.
• Leading the company’s solutions-led selling approach.
• Achieve and develop the turnover and profitability of the territory.
• Contribute to the company’s EBIT objectives by achieving sales targets, and ensuring that gross margins are in-line with budget.
• Identify and proactively develop new opportunities with Key Accounts and Major Accounts in the territory, whilst working cross-functionally to devise & implement a customised Key Account plan that creates sustainable opportunities for sales and services.
• Propose marketing, services and solutions requirements, in-line with the company strategy and group policies for the Companion Animal product portfolio.
The successful candidate will be a strong Business Development Manager with key account management experience in either the Pharmaceutical, Animal Health, FMCG or similar industries. They will have a strong track record of achieving sales targets and effective customer relationship development. They will appropriately plan their time to generate the maximum amount of business from each of their accounts, and will seek to have product-related and solutions-led conversations with key stakeholders, ultimately developing on open-relationship with vets, partners and/or commercial managers.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
• Profit related pay up to 10% after qualifying period
• Health insurance with Vitality
• Travel insurance
• 25 days holiday + enhanced paid time off
• Paid charity day
• Enhanced private pension
• Life Assurance
• Optical allowance
• £250 product allowance
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.