Brand Activation Executive
Are you a tastemaker? A mixer and shaker? Then please, pull up a chair.
We have some great opportunities with real responsibilities and rewards. All you need is the drive, convivial nature and determination to succeed in the Drinks Industry.
If you want to start your career in a fast paced, vibrant scene, you’ve come to the right place.
About Pernod Ricard UK
Pernod Ricard UK is part of Pernod Ricard, number two in wines and spirits with sales of €9,010m in 2016/2017. Created in 1975 by the merger of Ricard and Pernod, the Group has undergone sustained development, based on both organic growth and acquisitions: Seagram (2001), Allied Domecq (2005) and Vin&Sprit (2008).
Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide. Pernod Ricard UK has identified the following key priority brands in the UK market: Absolut, Jameson, Chivas, The Glenlivet, Plymouth Gin, Monkey 47, Malibu, Perrier-Jouët, Kahlúa, Beefeater, Campo Viejo, Brancott Estate, Olmeca, Havana Club, Martell, Jacob’s Creek, Lamb’s, Ballantine’s, G.H. Mumm, Graffigna and Wyborowa. Pernod Ricard UK is a member of The Portman Group promoting responsible drinking.
At Pernod Ricard UK we believe that the conversation with the customer is the key to success. With new and significant investment in our field team, our business philosophy inherited from our founder Paul Ricard of “Make a new friend everyday”, truly comes to life.
Through our extensive integrated field sales capability encompassing coverage in the Multiple Grocery, Convenience Retail and On Trade Sectors we aim to optimise our presence and visibility to achieve excellence in the execution of our branded activations.
Read on for the exciting opportunities we have available in our Field Sales Function, for great minds and good times
Brand Activation Executive
Ready to get up and go? Your sense of initiative is key for this role. As a Brand Activation Executive, you’ll have multiple plates spinning at the same time, from on-site sampling to seasonal merchandising, you’d need to prioritise your time to effectively support key brand events and promotions. Your job would be to deliver exciting events for customers to drive brand in hand experiences; after the events, you’d monitor the impact to provide valuable insights for future events or promotions. You’d have your own designated territory and customer base to focus on, and would be expected to promote the development of brand advocates with our key trade influencers.
What you’d do
- Plan and prioritise your time and resources across customers and brands to best promote Pernod Ricard UK’s portfolio within your territory
- Develop strong customer relationships at outlet level, offering tailored and bespoke plans as appropriate
- Educate and inform customers about Pernod Ricard UK brands
- Deliver and monitor compelling consumer focused events with customers, optimising the impact of activation resources
- Track and report event and promotional evaluation metrics
- Identify, capture and communicate key learnings to inform future activation planning
- Be an ambassador for Pernod Ricard UK’s brand portfolio
- Manage all territory and personal administration responsibilities independently
Who you’d work with
- You’d report to a Regional Business Manager
- You’d work closely with Field Sales Executives within a regional team across all channels
- You’d work closely with the Field Sales Training Manager to optimise your professional development
- You’d have regular and effective communication with the Field Sales Planning Executive and Activation Team Customer Marketing Executive
What we’re looking for
- University degree not essential
- Experience working in bars and/or hospitality
- Experience in the management and delivery of events – either professional or personal
- Highly convivial with well-developed interpersonal and influencing skills
- Computer and systems literate
- Advanced Microsoft Office capabilities
- Hotels, bars, restaurants
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.