Company: Avara Foods Limited
Location: United Kingdom (Various locations available)
o Do you have an ambitious nature that strives towards high performance?
o Personal integrity to pursue a career for life in an industry that will continue to grow?
o Willing to be inclusive and embracing of a diverse forward-thinking business?
o Feel you have the excellence to drive innovation through dedication and hard work?
o Looking for a company you want to work with and for?
As an inclusive, forward thinking business, we take pride in our approach to Operations across Avara Foods and are looking for a highly competent and motivated Operations Graduate to be part of a high performance team at one of our Advanced manufacturing sites. You will be a key part of our Operations Team, based throughout the duration of your graduate programme at one of our processing sites which are located at: Brackley (Northamptonshire), Telford (Shropshire), Hereford (Herefordshire), Dudley (West Midlands), Abergavenny (Monmouthshire) or Scropton (Derbyshire).
Purpose of the role
As an Operations Graduate you will be joining the Operations Team on a 24-36 month varied and challenging programme, developing your skills and raising your strategic awareness, with the aim of becoming a key member of the site production team.
Key responsibilities of the role
To ensure we meet our customer requirements to deliver quality, fresh and convenient products, our operations functions is at the heart of our business, running 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Working within a fast paced and diverse environment, this role will be varied and at times challenging, requiring strong communication skills and confidence in your ability to work with and influence others. You will interact with multiple business functions and key stakeholders, where you will have the opportunity to influence key business decisions.
Over your programme, you will rotate or learn across a range of departments at your operational site, such as planning, production, materials, logistics and technical; learning first hand from the high performance teams around you. You will develop an in-depth knowledge of production processes, quality controls and health and safety standards and grow your people management skills as you lead a team.
As an Operations Management Graduate, we want you to feel supported and inspired to be the best version of yourself and progress your career with us. Your training and development will comprise of both structured graduate development, including a comprehensive mentoring and coaching network, as well as specific technical training to support you in your role. You will have opportunities to enhance your personal and professional skills and gain further qualifications within leadership and lean manufacturing.
What we are looking for
As an Operations Graduate, we are looking for a driven and ambitious graduate to join our team. To be successful you will:
- Have achieved a 2:2 degree (or higher), and CCC (or higher) at A-Level, with evidence of achievement
- Have an inquisitive and forward-thinking mindset, who is always looking to learn and develop
- Be an excellent communicator – both orally and written
- Be confident in building effective working relationships and working as part of a team.
- Be able to pick up and deliver projects, with the ability to work unsupervised
- Have a flexible approach and responsible attitude to work and driving development
What’s in it for you?
A real job from day one that will give you the chance to have an influential impact through innovation and enthusiasm.
The understanding that we see you as an important and valued member of our team and that we will strive to support you to be the best version of yourself within our business
We are committed to making sure our employees reap rewards of commitment and great performance. As an Operations Graduate, you will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded.
You can also look forward to benefits that amongst other things include the following:
- £26,000 starting salary
- Pension Scheme
- Lifestyle benefits such as exclusive perks and discounted shopping vouchers, wellbeing support and discounted gym membership
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays (raising to 25 days over duration of employment)
- Relocation Support, the business will support Graduates when relocating to a new area for a role
- Structured Graduate Development Pathway and opportunity for qualifications and training in line with career aspirations
A little about us
Avara Foods is one of the UK’s largest food businesses, supplying chicken and turkey to the nation’s most popular supermarkets and restaurants. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 7000 people. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
All our facilities are Covid secure, with protective measures and precautions in place to keep our people safe which include:
- Virtual interview process
- Daily temperature screening
- Social distancing measures – including floor markers and 2m separation where possible
- Screens and barriers installed at workstations and canteens
- Face coverings required in all shared spaces
- Increased cleaning regimes across sites
- Virtual meetings and remote working
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer.