Company: Avara Foods Limited
Location: United Kingdom (Various locations available)
oDo you have an ambitious nature that strives towards high performance?
o Personal integrity to pursue a career for life in an industry that will continue to grow?
o Willing to be inclusive and embracing of a diverse forward-thinking business?
o Feel you have the excellence to drive innovation through dedication and hard work?
o Looking for a company you want to work with and for?
As an inclusive, forward thinking business, we take pride in our approach to Engineering across Avara Foods and are looking for a highly competent and motivated Engineering Graduate to be part of a high performance team at one of our Advanced manufacturing sites. You will be a key part of our Engineering Team, rotating throughout the duration of your graduate programme at our main manufacturing sites, which could include the locations of Brackley (Northamptonshire), Telford (Shropshire), Hereford, Abergavenny (Monmouthshire) and Scropton (Derbyshire).
Purpose of the role
As a Graduate Engineer, you will initially work at one of our main processing sites where you will receive training and development to support your career aspirations through a comprehensive mentoring programme.
This training and development will comprise of both structured graduate development as well as specific technical training to support your role. Typically, after 12/18 months, you will move to one of our other sites to complete your broad induction into FMCG engineering.
Key responsibilities of the role
Your initial role will be either as a Principal Engineer or Project Engineer; this will rotate during your Engineering Graduate Scheme. During your Engineering Graduate Scheme, you will have engineering responsibility of an area within the operational environment where you will be the Asset Manager, monitoring downtime, organising Planned Maintenance, gathering data to analyse trends, conducting RCAs and FMEAs which will drive continuous improvement and reliability initiatives.
You will manage projects utilising proven, innovative or emerging technology solutions to solve operational problems and have an impact on operational performance within a FMCG environment. You will be trained in managing projects ‘the Avara Way’ and have opportunities to work and input into key operational projects as we continue to invest within our operations.
You will be mentored in identifying needs, planning solutions, sourcing funding/resources, tendering and delivering as well as developing the training and technical documentation. You will also have opportunities to mentor engineers, apprentices and STEM students, which all supports you in your own personal development.
As an Engineering Graduate, we want you to feel supported and inspired to be the best version of yourself and progress your career with us. Your training and development will comprise of both general graduate development, as well as specific technical training to support you in your role. We have a proven mentoring scheme to support your journey towards professional registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng); the company (subject to requirements) will pay your professional fees. You will also be supported with any required Level 7 (Masters level) qualifications needed for CEng status.
What we are looking for
As an Engineering Graduate, we are looking for a driven and ambitious graduate to join our team. To be successful you will:
- Have achieved a 2:2 degree (or higher) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or derivatives of these, with evidence of achievement
- Have an inquisitive and forward thinking mindset, who is always looking to learn and develop
- Be an excellent communicator – both orally and written
- Be confident in building effective working relationships and working as part of a team.
- Be able to pick up and deliver projects, with the ability to work unsupervised
- Have a flexible approach and responsible attitude to work
- Structured Graduate Development Pathway and opportunity for qualifications and training in line with career aspirations
What’s in it for you?
A real job from day one that will give you the chance to have an influential impact through innovation and enthusiasm.
The understanding that we see you as an important and valued member of our team and that we will strive to support you to be the best version of yourself within our business
We are committed to making sure our employees reap rewards of commitment and great performance. As an Engineering Graduate, you will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded.
You can also look forward to benefits that amongst other things include the following:
- £26,000 starting salary
- Pension Scheme
- Lifestyle benefits such as exclusive perks and discounted shopping vouchers, wellbeing support and discounted gym membership
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays (raising to 25 days over duration of employment)
- Relocation Support, the business will support Graduates when relocating to a new area for a role
A little about us
Avara Foods is one of the UK’s largest food businesses, supplying chicken and turkey to the nation’s most popular supermarkets and restaurants. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 7000 people. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
All our facilities are Covid secure, with protective measures and precautions in place to keep our people safe which include:
- Virtual interview process
- Daily temperature screening
- Social distancing measures – including floor markers and 2m separation where possible
- Screens and barriers installed at workstations and canteens
- Face coverings required in all shared spaces
- Increased cleaning regimes across sites
- Virtual meetings and remote working
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer.